The Aftermath....


As I am left standing in the middle of this battlefield , 
I look around me,
I seem to have won, but have lost so much more and yet victorious, and yet.....and yet.
I access the contrast of this battle , The ruins of conflict around me . 
I walk through the streets of my kingdom , praying to find something familiar , something that reminds me of myself again .... 

the glorious past of these streets , the ghosts of memories left here , haunt and hang around all through the day like the mist on a winter morning at the lake! 

The feasts and the celebrations we made everyday of just surviving and  being around what we loved . Who we loved . Who loved us . 
Love got battered and yet...and yet! 

And then the music plays , 
familiar sounds , 
she makes them sway 
Like she did at the helm of it all.
In the eye of the storm ,
Riding the wind !

We know we’ve been here before!! 

We glance at each other ,
surrounded by the strangers and the unknowns. 
And yet , and yet here we are!

We are the warriors , 
the riders through the storm !  
And here we are. 

As I dance in the moment ,
with my intelligence and my intuition for companions , 
And they both whisper into my ears, 
"I wish we had never gone to war" 
..and yet and yet! 

Popular Posts